Position: Freelance Copywriter & Social Media Coordinator
The Copywriter and Social Media Coordinator is responsible for writing and executing social media and blog content against a content calendar as governed by Samsara Herbs’s marketing strategy and voice guide. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and also works closely and takes additional direction from the E-commerce Specialist to ensure that all content lines up with web site and web store goals.
- Help create and maintain ongoing newsletters for current and new customers
- Create ad copy for various marketing efforts
- Write copy for Amazon listings to optimize product sales
Skills and Experience Integral to the Job
- Minimum two years of experience writing and executing social media and blog content
- A rock-solid understanding of social media and knowledge of latest best practices - with a track record of executing successfully against client’s metrics goals
- Proficiency and experience in crafting and posting content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Snapchat, Reddit, Medium, Boredpanda, Stumble, Tumblr
- Stellar writing and editing skills with the ability to write to voice
- Ability and comfort level to interview customers via email, phone, Facetime, etc.
- An understanding, interest in and appreciation of supplements
- Ability to self-start and work unsupervised
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A self-motivated nature and ability to take a project and run with it to completion, while also being comfortable working in a small team collaborative environment